The Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley exists to connect people, animals and the natural world. Cutting-edge exhibits provide exciting experiences with animals and their habitats introducing guests to species from around the globe. The Zoo is home to over 4,300 animals, representing 534+ species. Exhibits are arrayed in six themed areas, including themed walking trails ranging from one to two miles in length:
- Medtronic Minnesota Trail, an indoor/outdoor walking trail featuring animals native to Minnesota
- Northern Trail, an outdoor walking trail featuring animals of the Northern Hemisphere
- Tropics Trail, an indoor walking trail featuring animals from the tropics
- Discovery Bay, an indoor gallery themed around marine wildlife
- Russia's Grizzly Coast, an indoor/outdoor, state of the art exhibit featuring animals from Russia's Far East and the Kamchatka Peninsula.
- Wells Fargo Family Farm, a seasonal section of the Northern Trail themed around farm animals
Learn more about upcoming events at the Minnesota Zoo (located in Apple Valley, MN) on our website.